Council District 7 Map
Newly elect Councilman LaMont O. Cole as
Metro Councilmember proudly serving District 7.
Councilman Cole is a 1997 graduate of Louisiana State University with a Bachelors of Arts in General Studies and a 2004 graduate of Southern University with a Masterís of Education in Administration and Supervision.
LaMont, a Baton Rouge educator and former leader of the Local NAACP Chapter. He also previously held high-profile education roles including the Principal of Park Forest Middle, Principal of Capitol Middle School, Assistant Principal of Westdale Middle School and Chief Academic Officer for ADVANCE Baton Rouge.
Legislative Assistant for District 7 is Mrs. Twahna Harris which may be reached at 225.389.3182.
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Level 3, 434602
- Educational Leader, Level 2, 854
- School Superintendent - 541
- Principal, 540
- Secondary School Principal, 518
- Secondary English, 374
- Southern University - 2004, Masterís of Education in Administration and
- Louisiana State University - 1997, Bachelors of Arts in General Studies
- Member of Nicholls State University Menís Basketball
- Community Volunteerism
- Capitol Middle School Basketball Coach
- HOPE Community Redevelopment Board Member
- Community School For Apprenticeship Learning Board Member
- NAACP President Baton Rouge Branch 2006 -2011
- Member of ASCD
- President Tyrus Thomas Foundation
- President Glen ďBig BabyĒ Davis Foundation