The Chaneyville Community Center was dedicated in 1984 but did not open to the public until 1985.
The Center is located in Zachary in Council District 1 and represented by Councilman Trae Welch. The Center serves the residents of the northeast section of East Baton Rouge Parish and is one of five community centers operated under the guidance of the City of Baton Rouge. Chaneyville Community Center offers a variety of services with a staff of dedicated employees and a host of volunteers.
District 1's Councilman Trae Welch may be reached at 225.389.5170 or fax to 225.389-8301.
Ann Cox, Director
Karen Naquin, Assistant to the Director
Michelle Banks, Building Attendant
Rental Information (After Hours)
Multi-purpose room accommodates approximately 100 people. Rental fee for three (3) hours is $125. plus $50. non-refundable deposit for a total Rental Fee of $175.
Funeral Repast Rental (between 1 p.m. and closing)
Two (2) hours Rental Fee $25. plus a non-refundable deposit of $50. for a total Rental Fee of $75.
- Food Pantry: Operates a Food Pantry and issues food in emergency situations,
- Food for Families: Distributes monthly commodities (40 lbs.) to approved seniors
- QuarterlyCommodity Program (OSS): Issues surplus foods four (4) times per year to approved households
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) (OSS): Provides non-emergency utility payments annually directly to vendors for eligible residents based on availability of funds
- CSGB (OSS): Assist with emergency utility, rent/mortgage payments, food
vouchers, and medication
- VITA Income Tax Site: Prepare both state and federal tax forms for low income individuals and families
- FEMA: Provides emergency rent and mortgage payments to families facing eviction or foreclosure, limited to once a year and based on the availability of funds
- Quilting Club: a diverse group of ladies meet three times weekly making quilts
- Crafts: a volunteer instructor teaches 2 to 3 hours every Friday
- Bible Study: a volunteer minister teaches bible classes every Thursday morning
Council on Aging EBR - COA Site
- Meals served daily
- Bingo and other games
- Exercise classes every Wednesday morning
- Scheduled trips
- Flu shots annually
- A variety of workshops